Friday, June 06, 2008

GeekNite

There's something uniquely geeky about our house. Perhaps it is our willingness to just sit around the house and play with our computer systems. Certainly it is one of my favorite things to do!

Thursday night was one of those nights where I just had to sit and geek out. It had been a long, rough day at work and there was absolutely no way I was going to do any more of it after coming home; my brain was completely fried. Or at least fried enough not to want to deal with email and spreadsheets and document reviews. I wanted to deal with ... hardware.

Specifically, computer hardware. See, there was this little project I'd been wanting to work on for the last few weeks ... or months ... or something. Setting up the Linux server with all the old XP data on it so that it will be available on the local network. And the only way to do it right was to take the hard drive out of the XP machine and connect it as a slave drive on the Linux machine.



The boys, meanwhile, were up to their armpits in DS games.



And lovely Cheryl was websurfing.



{And the girls were, of course, in bed...}

No comments: