Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Random Bloggery

Jeff Berryman is back and blogging!

I've missed his Deep Thoughts over the past few months as he's been working on a new book, so it was quite a pleasure to check back and find out that he's been at it again ... and, of course, he's got some more Deep Thoughts which have been spinning around in my brain all day.


Also, I thought I'd mention another site which caught my eye today. This is a commentary which neatly coincides with my own way of thinking, so naturally I'd like to preach it to the world.

To summarize, I don't like school fund-raisers where they want my kids to solicit their friends, neighbors and relatives in order to get money for school programs. I don't like it when the Scouts do it, I don't like it when the schools do it, and I don't like it when people come to my door selling stuff, be it material goods or personal theology.

Of course, I don't like homework, either, but that's a topic for another day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my sentiments exactly. I didn't like it when you all were in school and I don't like it when my coworker's children are in school.
I used to make the request at PTA meetings for the school to just tell us how much we needed to give for each child and we would do that but did not want to participate in the sales programs that only make the supplier more wealthy. No one ever paid attention. This week there has been a lot in our newspaper about the same thing. Parents everywhere are disgusted with the fundraising tactics.

Anonymous said...

okay, i know this is way late and whatnot, but doesn't Jeff Berryman look like that thug from Beverly Hills Cop--the one that shoots Axel Foley's friend Mikey? I've had that connection in my brain since I was a kid, or at least the first time I saw Jeff at Highland.

He looks just like him. Spitting image. And seeing as he was involved in theatre it wasn't too farfetched. Just my thoughts on an early Friday morning, long after this post was originally made.