Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Released from the Release

The software release at work has been pushed back a week or so, so I can relax for thirty seconds. Just long enough to catch my breath, look around, and smell the coffee. Or chocolate. Must be chocolate. There's been a lot of it lately, what with Chef Karen around. She's into chocolate in a big way. And she left us quite a bit!

It made me mad, though. The schedule relief, not the chocolate. I mean, here I was, running aorund like a headless chicken, trying to have fun while the Neugebaurs were here, and worrying about the software release and all the work I had to do, and working ridiculous hours to try and get things done, and if they would've told me it was going to be delayed in the first place - or at least by Friday - I could've relaxed and had fun! But noooooo, they wouldn't see the trees til they dropped on their heads.

Now the Neugebaurs have left, and I miss them already. Hope you guys are having fun on your trip home! Say hi to Washington for me!

No comments: