Saturday, February 10, 2007

Another Saturday, another work day

Adam is taking his ACT today. I think this is the second or third year he's taken it. By the time he gets to taking his "real" ACT, he's going to have his test-taking skills down pat. Along with his Jedi mind skills, his videogaming skills, his liger skills...

I've got three weeks from Monday to finish up this project at work, so we're in full-blown panic mode. Working 60-hour weeks. Lots of time in lab trying to deal with flaky hardware. Lots of last-minute documentation.

And there's still slushy snow out on the roads.

Sometime next week, I've got to go in and have more X-rays done. The doc wanted me to come in some time mid-February, probably hoping it would all be cleared up, but truth is I'm not feeling any better right now. Still hurts to pull air in, like when you breathe in super-cold air and your lungs scream. Still coughing a bit, but at least not to the point of nausea. Slowly working up to being able to carry kids up a flight of stairs (at bedtime) without falling over from hypoxia, and am almost there.

The kids are feeling good, apparently over all the fever and coughing and stuff. Except Mary is still having some ear congestion. I think she's got an appointment this coming week, so we'll run the hearing test again.

I can't wait til we're all normal again...

4 comments:

chris52672 said...

So how are the lungs?

chris52672 said...

So how are things Rob? I got tired of waiting for you on myspace. I figured the Guess girls scared you off. How are the lungs? How is work? Where is Waldo? Why find him anyways? How are the kids? How is my spelling? (I already know it is terrible.)

chris52672 said...

Oh I get it you have to look at the comment first! Sheesh I have posted a bunch of nonscence trying to make this work.

The Meyer Family said...

You are tho thilly. Where ith your new webpageth?