Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dryes

Dry eyes.

I've got extremely dry eyes.

Is it from allergies? From dry air? From too many long hours spent in front of too many monitors?

Hard to tell. But my eyes are hurting anyway. I put the drops in, and they are soothed for about half an hour, and then they start hurting again.

I'm drinking my water.

I'm not dehydrated.

I'm just ... dry-eyed.

Cheryl says that the goldenrod is blooming, as is some other poofy-looking plant (can't remember its name). And I'm sniffling from something. So the little antihistamine pills are a-poppin', too.

Could be the antihistamines, I suppose, drying me out too much.

Hard to look at the monitor now. It's too bright. Too painful.

Time to put my head under a nice, cleansing shower, and then put my head into a nice, soft fur-infested pillow.

And sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dry eyes are from the antihistamines you take.

Anonymous said...

i know the pain. i never thought i would, but now i know what it's like to carry a handkerchief around wherever you go. snotrags and visine. what a drag. the cat gave me itchy eyes the other day and to top it off, i got an eyelash stuck under my eyelid to double the pain. yikes.

The Meyer Family said...

Sounds like something that developed relatively recently, in your case. Do you suspect what might be causing it to occur now? A local pollen? A new cat?