Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What Time Is It?

I would like to write something clever and insightful tonight, but it's already morning and my brain isn't working and I'm supposed to have all this work done for the office for a big meeting at 8:30 but I'm not going to be there anyway because I have a dentist appointment to replace a temporary crown and things are just going insane at the office because they're still sending people out to California to fix a major problem (at the expense of all the other programs) and there just aren't enough people to handle all the work and I've been sneezing all week long due to an overabundance of spring pollen and now my nose is aching because the medicine hasn't taken effect and I fell asleep earlier this evening (last evening?) watching Season 3 of the Muppet Show with the girls while Cheryl and the boys were at church taking a Greek class and tomorrow (today?) several of the kids have dentist or orthodontist appointments and then we have the Junior High kids coming over for pizza and then we're all going out bowling and I still have to review the kids' writing assignments from this morning (yesterday morning?) because they're doing home/summer school.

That's probably too much information all at once, but I'm too tired to care; so now I'll sign off and let you read this and then shake your head(s) in disbelief that anyone could bother putting this up out in a public forum.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

You're having way too much fun. Twice the kids, twice the fun, I guess.

So what Greek text are they using? I thought Open Texture's Elementary Greek was was well done, but the guy that taught Greek at our church a couple of years ago used something else, more on a college level. His students dropped like flies, which is a shame-- I bet they would've stuck with it longer if they had used something more newby-friendly.

Anyway, good to hear from you! And by the way, your niece and nephew are impressed that their cousins would actually write during summer vacation.

The Meyer Family said...

William D. Mounce, "Basics of Biblical Greek". College text. Lots of comparisons between English and Greek to show examples of various tenses. Too complicated for my feeble brain.

The kids are doing remedial writing because their last quarter efforts were less than stellar, and I'm a bloody perfectionist. If they're going to write - and they all love to write - they're going to do it correctly!

Jeanne said...

Mounce-- yep, that's the one they used here. Apparently top of the heap as far as Greek texts go... but not my idea of a good time, either.

Glad your kids like to write! Braelyn has an RPG "novel" going back-and-forth with an online friend of hers in Indiana, but that's as far as it goes here. Brason texts his friends.

Happy homeschooling!