Friday, January 02, 2009

Facebook Explosion

We got our Facebook account a few weeks back, and all of a sudden we're coming into contact with people we haven't seen since High School. It's just weird. We've also gotten in touch with people we haven't seen since we left Seattle four-and-a-half years ago. That's neat, but still weird. And then there are people we see nearly every week. That's OK, but time-consuming, answering all the facebook comments along with the email side-effects.

Makes me want to do a search on all the people I've ever known, just to see if they have joined the Collective as well, to find out what they are all doing these days. But I'm afraid there have been a lot of bridges burned by my nearly-total lack of ability to keep in touch with people. I'm a lousy letter-writer, as you are probably all aware.

Luckily, most people I've ever known are just about as bad as me. Except for those who were thoughtful enough to send Christmas cards and/or letters. They qualify for sainthood. We are still working on our annual end-of-the-year letter, which might give you an indication of how insane things have been around here. Should be mailed out by Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe. Don't hold your breath.

Christmas vacation was a wash. Other than the time spent with relatives on Christmas Day and New Years Eve / New Years Day, I was working.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

"Our" Facebook account? C'mom, Rob, get your own account, so you can tell the world you're married.