Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tidbits

Things at work are still crazy, and I'm getting frazzled with all the uncertainty and rumors and mental overload, trying not to let it get to me. But my nerves are kinda on edge.

I took the Subaru into the shop yesterday to get the wheel bearing fixed (which was under warranty), hoping they could fix the exhaust pipe as well, but the price they quoted for the pipe work was so far out of the realm of possibility that I told 'em to forget it. The service was nice, though. They have a shuttle that took me back and forth to work, and everyone was polite and friendly. In fact, the service manager told me he didn't think it was worth it to replace the entire pipe, which is all they could do (since it connects up to the catalytic converter); he suggested I take it to one of those muffler places and they could figure some way of welding it together, or putting some kind of flange on it.

I didn't mind, so long as I got my car back. That car is SO much fun to drive! Now that the wheel bearing is fixed, it is smooth and quiet, too. Except for when I goose the accelerator. Then it sounds like I've got a race car! Vrooom! Vrooom!

No comments: