Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blizzardly

The blizzard has hit, and we are all at home today attending to various tasks.  Cheryl is still playing with her new laptop, the kids are watching through the windows at the snow flying sideways, and I’m multi-tasking with “work” work and “home” work.

I’m hearing a lot of noise upstairs.  I wonder what it could be?

Oh, it was just James snow-blowing the driveway so Cheryl could go over to a friend’s house to watch ‘Twilight’.  But then she decided not to go, since Mary didn’t want to go (‘cause her head is stuck in a book) and one of the reasons for going over there in the first place, aside from checking out the movie to see what all the fuss is about (“sparkly vampires”?), was for Mary to play with the daughter of Cheryl’s friend.

Looks like James just wasted a good half-hour of snow-blowing – but at least he had fun.  The snow is still coming down, and the driveway will all be covered over again in another hour or so, with the drifts that are forming.  It’s really a great time to be outside playing in it, so long as one doesn’t stay out too long.  The temperature is down to 10F, and there’s quite a stiff wind.  Half an hour is just about right.

I’d go out and play in it myself, if it weren’t for the fact that, owing to the wonders of technology and wireless Internet, this is still a workday for me.  I’m four hours in to my now-normal eight-hour day, and having a wonderful time.  Except that it would help a bit to have my lab equipment handy.  But I’m not feeling particularly interested in braving the snow and ice and wind just to play in the lab.  I’ll be happy with just writing all these test plans.

Back to work!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Sparkly vampires are funny. I have seen both movies now.

Enjoy your snow for us!!!

The Meyer Family said...

We're having fun making fun of the sparkly vampires, with all the teen-aged girl angst. Deb mentioned that one of the girls at school had a fan magazine for Taylor Lautner ('Jacob') who was born and raised in the area. Deb was a little disgusted. I didn't enjoy the series as much as the Harry Potter series, but it was a fun few afternoons of reading. Not too sure how many layers may be discovered in further reading, as in Harry Potter.
-C