Sunday, December 19, 2010

Saturday the Postman Saw Read

Saturday came and went, yet nothing came of it.

I was sick. Ill. Down-in-the-mouth. Drained. Drugged. Dopey. Didn't accomplish anything, but there was so much that needed to be accomplished.

Ever have one of those days?

Caught a nasty virus the other day. It didn't last long, but the deluge of immune-system overdrive was all focused on my pitiful lungs, so it was "cough" this and "cough" that and "cough" every thing in-between. Couldn't sleep. Couldn't think. And nothing would satisfy my craving for some kind of food or beverage which would dull the pain in my throat, not even the repetitious honey-lemon tea and cough drops.

Sunday morning came; it was time for church, and worship, and teaching, and singing, and there was no voice left in my throat for it, but the Audience of One understood my miserable croaking anyway. And the kids in my classes didn't care.

So long as this creeping crud is gone by Tuesday morning, I'll be fine.

1 comment:

virginia said...

must be leaving for Washington on Tuesday.
We pray that the illness is all gone and you have great trip and wonderful time with the Green's.
Send some pictures.