Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fried Finger 2



WARNING - PICTURES OF INFINITE GROSSNESS - NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART


Some of us are just fascinated by the design of our bodies, the way they are built to repair themselves. Even when the original wound is gross and disgusting, there's something infinitely wonderful about watching the living body heal itself.

(Yes, I said design. I'm an engineer, fascinated by the work of The Engineer.)

It's been a few days now, and the finger has been covered with a Band-Aid for most of the time. I'm curious to see what it looks like now that the blister has popped and the repair work is underway.

Shall we take a look?

Of course!



Cool, huh? I find that endlessly fascinating, especially since (apparently) the nerve endings are starting to work again and I can feel the skin starting to pull back together; and even though it hurts, the fact that it will soon be back in one piece makes me feel great about it - about the Designer who put it all together.

Now if He could just do something about all those aching bones and drippy sinuses...

No comments: