Friday, December 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Again, Cheryl!

Surely there is nothing more fun than having a second birthday party!

OK, yesterday's wasn't really a birthday party exclusively for Cheryl.  It was really a delayed Christmas party. Which isn't fair to Cheryl, since her birthday is so close to Christmas (the day after!).  So we decided to surprise her with her very own birthday party. One day late. Which goes along with our family theme of "Procrastination Rules!".

I don't normally like surprises, but in this case, I made an exception.  Because it's fun to surprise someone with love and fun and joy every so often. Keeps things from getting boring. And - believe me - I can be the most boring person on the planet when I want to.

So with a lot of help from the family, I found a convenient excuse to get Cheryl out of the house (we went shopping down at the mall) until such a time as it was "safe" to come back, at which time we walked into the house and -

"Surprise!!"

Happy Birthday, Cheryl!

(Again)

No comments: