Sunday, July 29, 2018

Aue Church Tour

Cheryl peeks out the window
This has got to be the biggest church in Aue, certainly an outstanding architectural achievement in the area. It was certainly impressive to me.

We left after breakfast to go back to Aue and tour a handsome church. We were actually allowed to walk up the stairs all the way to the top! And it had an absolutely stunning view from up there.

Truth be told, I felt a little nervous being up so high. Especially when I had already walked through the main sanctuary and see how high the ceilings were ...

The view from the sanctuary
... and then proceeded to walk up to the area above the ceiling ...

The "attic" above the sanctuary

... and then proceeded to a little room at the very top above where the bells are hung...

Cheryl and James look out over the city from atop the bell tower.
... which had an incredible view of the town and the surrounding countryside.
The red arrow points to where we were!! Way up high!!
And here is what it looked like:

Bird's-eye view of Aue
After all that adventuring, we had to soothe (my) nerves with some ice cream!

Rob relaxes with a cool treat

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful! The view reminds me of the scene in the book Heidi when the title character is desperate to see her beloved mountains that are obscured by the buildings in the city... she finds the highest tower she can find, which as I recall is a church bell tower. But maybe I'm remembering wrong... it's been a while since I've read it. :-D Anyway, cool view!