Sunday, May 09, 2010

It's Mother's Day - and what a blessing they are!

We have been blessed with wonderful mothers, both myself and my lovely wife. God-fearing, patient, gentle, kind, loving to their own children and the children of others. Teachers, caregivers, with spirits of compassion and understanding which have served to create for their progeny a legacy of success. Truly, your children and grandchildren rise and call you 'Blessed'!

As for myself, I greatly esteem both my mother and my mother-in-law for their wonderful ability to communicate with me and with others - to share, to converse, to just sit around chatting about the significant and the insignificant, to laugh and enjoy the company of family. Among the greatest joys in my life are the times I get to talk to them, to hear their wisdom, to listen to their histories, to discuss our mutual woes and sorrows, and to imagine the futures of our precious descendants.

May God bless you with a wonderful day, and many more wonderful days to come!

No comments: