Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Power Restored, Part 1

The new 9-cell battery came today, and it was actually pre-charged 42% of full capacity so I was able to drop it in place and start using it right away. For about a minute. Just long enough to boot up the system and check the battery status. Then I attached the charger I'd "borrowed" from another laptop to see how long it would take to charge it all the way up.

It only took about an hour. Sweet!

So then it was time to go off-line (off the power line, anyway) to see how long the battery would last on full charge. The battery status software estimated two hours and forty minutes, but I didn't want to let it discharge all the way down to nothing, so I re-attached the charger when it was about twenty minutes shy of full power-down.

Can't wait til the real adapter gets here. It was shipped in from a different company, which is why it didn't come with the battery; but still, it's expected in the next day or two.

No comments: