Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Welcome to 2013

It's the first year in a long time that I've had to work through the Christmas / New Year's holiday.  Of course, I didn't work on Christmas Day and on New Year's Day; but in my previous jobs, either I'd saved up the vacation time or the company gave me two week's off at this time of year.

So it was kind of weird to have to be in the office on Christmas Eve.  And New Year's Eve.

On both occasions, most of the other staff was gone.  Most of them had been there long enough to accrue vacation time.  Not me.  I've only been there a couple months.  And, besides, it's easier to get work done when everyone else in the office is gone.  And not in the office.

It's so cozy-quiet!

After work, we put together some treats and went over to the house of some friends from church for dinner.  And then we played Munchkin.  And then we went home to wait the coming of midnight.

With laptops.

No comments: