Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Wrap-Up, Iowa Trip Prep

We had a nice Christmas yesterday with presents and donuts and a nice Christmas dinner, and today is Cheryl's birthday.

I was so hoping to have the Building Permit in time for Cheryl's birthday, but my drawings took too long. I didn't get the application submitted until late this afternoon. It'll probably be another week or so before it gets approved.

Meanwhile, we're going to celebrate Cheryl's birthday today by going out to dinner at Macaroni Grille. So we can draw on the paper table cover and dip hot bread into delicious olive oil. And then come home and watch a movie or something.

After that, we're going to get crazy with the packing because we're heading out to Iowa early tomorrow morning.

I stopped by the library this afternoon after dropping off the building permit application at City Hall to return some bad book-on-CDs which Cheryl had picked up last week. For some reason, two of the CDs from one book were identical. Weird.

Since we're leaving so early in the morning, though, the kids will be sleeping through the first three or four hours so I don't expect we'll need them both. One book generally takes 12-18 hours, which should cover most of the trip.

Frankly, I'd rather drive in absolute quiet. I like to just drive and let my mind wander. It's very relaxing.

No comments: