Sunday, April 12, 2015

Glass in the Parking Lot

I was a bit rushed in my Sunday School prep today. Mary and I found a section of the church parking lot covered in broken glass, and it was necessary to spend twenty minutes cleaning it up before everybody else showed up.

It was not in my plans this morning.

My first assumption when we saw the glass was that someone had thrown a rock through a window at the church (which has happened in the past). But this glass was mirrored. I wasn't aware of any mirrors being thrown out, so had no clue as to where the glass came from. But there were big shards of it all over the place, and knowing that the little kids run around the parking lot quite a bit, my imagination ran wild, and I ran to get the broom.

Consequently, my room wasn't as ready as it could've been. But the kids were gracious enough to forgive my muddled state of mind. And we enjoyed discussing how the Apostles starting spreading the Word.

But I couldn't stop thinking about that glass.


No comments: