Saturday, May 30, 2015

Barking Mad About Basements

Today is a delightfully rainy, wet day. Perfect for shoveling hundreds of pounds of bark onto the church playground!

It really needed it, too. The day care closed a long time ago, but the playground is still there, and the neighborhood kids use trash it every day. Most of the bark has decayed back to its constituent molecules of "dirt", which in the presence of the "rain" turned into the compound "mud", so we did quite a bit of slogging through it all in order to get the bark evenly spread.

Kind of hard to spread bark over mud. While trying to keep on balanced footing.

After all that fun, my normal home projects were dull and boring in comparison. They are:

1. Finish the basement wiring. Still need to finish up the bathroom lights and the shower fan.
2. Finish the garage wiring. Still need to extend the 20-amp circuit into the 3rd bay so I can use my welder.
3. Fix my laptop. I ordered a new case and it is here, but it still needs to be put together.
4. Fix Adam's laptop. The motherboard is toast. I ordered a new motherboard but it hasn't arrived yet.
5. Fix Mary's laptop. The video chip overheated and the BGA (ball grid array) solder connections are no good. I ordered a new motherboard for it, too, but it hasn't arrived yet.
6. Re-caulk the master bath windows. I used bad caulk last time and it dried up too quickly (and the color was wrong). And the wasps are trying to make nests behind the siding right next to the window. They've been sneaking into our bathroom!
7. Fix the parking brake on my car.
8. Fix the exhaust system on my car.
9. Fix the rusted-out spots on my car.
10. Fix the exhaust system on Deb's car.
11. Fix the transmission leak on Deb's car.
12. Fix the door trim on Deb's car.
13. Fix the rusted-out spots on Deb's car.
14. Fix the rusted-out spots on Adam's car.
15. All the normal house maintenance.

I'm tired just thinking about all that. 

No comments: