Thursday, August 24, 2006

Are we there yet?

It has been a very long day.

My flight finally took off around 2 p.m., getting me into GR around three-thirty or so. My bag, sadly, didn't make it.

Cheryl needed to take the girls to piano lessons, so I got my car and drove over to meet her there, and we swapped cars, and then it was time to head to Chicago. Deja vu.

Got to Chicago in time to check in at the motel -- but the room wasn't ready yet; they were still cleaning it, and didn't want to give me a key. So, still in the same clothes I'd gone to work in the day before, I drove to Midway and waited for the boys.

Naturally, their flight was delayed, too. Got in around ten.

But they made it, and we got to the motel, and I've had a nice, refreshing shower, and they're watching Animal Planet and showing me pictures and toys from the trip.

I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

No comments: