Monday, December 17, 2007

At Piano Lessons

My throat is still a bit scratchy, but that's OK because the church where the kids take piano lessons has WiFi. What could be more fun than to cruise the net while waiting?

Cheryl's out shopping while the rest of us wait here in the church library. I hope she remembers the cough drops!

I took a trip over to Phil Vischer's site. Haven't been there in a while. He's eagerly awaiting the release of the Veggie Tale's "Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" movie. Hope that works out for him, after all he's been through since the last epic VT release. Not sure if we'll go see it. The kids have gotten so big, and we haven't watched any of the old vidoes in so long. Their tastes have moved on from Veggie Tales to Lord of the Rings.

Of course, I also visited my brother's sites. Didn't have anything to add, though. I love reading their stuff (and remembering to turn down the volume on Kel's site so my ears don't get blasted), but can't ever think of anything clever to add. Nor spiritual, like Jan. Nor educational, like Jeanne. Nor inquisitive, like Mom (like, When are you coming for a visit? or When are you going to post some new pictures?). I prefer utter lunacy, if possible.

Hmmm. For some reason, that makes me wonder what Judy's up to these days...

Spent the whole weekend sitting around the house feeling lousy and trying to get up enough energy to do something other than slogging through the 950 emails which were crying for my attention. No kidding, 950 of 'em clogging up my Inbox waiting to be reviewed. In my particular line of work, that's approximately two weeks' worth of email (around 100 per day), and unfortunately at work I'd only had time to look at them briefly before moving on to more pressing matters, hoping to find the time later to catch up.

Weekends are catch-up.

This past weekend, I only managed to slog through about three hundred or so before the NyQuil caused me to drift into a pleasant state of somnombulism, while the kids watched Harry Potter 5 and Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and then went outside.

The boys cleared the driveway of the powdery white stuff and ran down to the neighbors' house to play. Mary went over to another friend's house to play. Deb worked on snow-forts.

Now if I could just get rid of this nagging cough, maybe I could go out and play, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you are keeping busy and all are well except for your cough.