Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hookey

I'm out sick today.

Yesterday is a blur of bad meetings and panic situations and excruciating conversations with people who have no right to be doing what they are doing. All the while, the head was pounding and the throat was getting scratchy and the body was aching and the temperature was fluctuating somewhere between Medium and Well Done. But there were too many things to do, too many "critical" meetings to attend, for me to take the day off.

Getting home last night, I skipped the dinner thing and went straight to bed, me and my precious bottle of Nyquil.

Woke up this morning and decided to bag the whole work thing. But managed to get up long enough to send out some email to the appropriate people, letting them know that my cube would be empty today. Still had some fairly important meetings, but those were handled in the technologically advanced method of phoning in for a telecon. That is to say, the meeting moderator called me up at home and I put in my two cents while trying not to cough too much.

Checked email off and on. Managed to respond to a few of them, too.

Now onto my third dose of Nyquil for the day, and still haven't had a chance to go back to bed.

Maybe after dinner. If I live that long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that doesn't sound too fun, bro. hope you feel better soon!