Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sucked Back into the Past

It's time to go back to work again -- on a Sunday! -- and this isn't even my regular work, it's more of a charity thing.

But it's doing what I used to do, Training and Support, so it's like going back in time.

There's a group of five or six guys showing up bright and early Monday morning to be trained in the use of our software, and the guy who is supposed to provide the training is not a software type. So he enlisted the aid of two of the guys who used to provide the training, one of whom is me.

But don't tell my boss. He's rather upset that I would even think of helping out this "other" project, when there is so much to do on my own project.

So I've been doing it on my "off-hours", in the evening and on the weekends, trying to get the lessons updated and customized for the new project. We (the improvised training team) spent the better part of yesterday running through the slides and making corrections and checking that everything worked on the hardware. Today we'll try to get everything polished up.

And tomorrow, I'll be doing my normal job running the Systems group, all the while worrying that the Training is going well. If it doesn't, I won't be able to help out, due to other commitments.

Isn't politics fun?

No comments: