Thursday, August 22, 2013

Happy 21st Anniversary!

Twenty-one years have come and gone since the day we walked down the aisle in our wedding clothes. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. But how can that be? So many things have happened in the meantime. We've gone from an apartment in Everett, Washington to a house in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We started with just two of us, and now there are six. We had a Toyota Corolla and a Plymouth Voyager. Now we have two Subarus, a Pontiac, and a Dodge Caravan. We've had good times and bad, endured unemployment and over-employment, rebuilt basements, rebuilt bathrooms, gone on amazing trips to Yellowstone and Yosemite, camped among the bugs (with screaming children), luxuriated in hotels, flown in airplanes. So many adventures over the course of those twenty-one years.

Yet when it comes down to it, there's twenty-one years of being with the most amazing woman I've ever known. The most blessed day of my life was the day she said, "I do", and joined me in holy matrimony. No matter what has happened in our lives, she has been my rock, my strength, and most important, my brains. She has such great wisdom, such strong faith. She's adventurous, talented, stylish, cultured, and comes up with the most excruciating puns! (A skill which the children seem to have inherited...)

And she's still so beautiful.

How blessed can one man be?


No comments: