Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Anticipatory Disappointment

Winter is breathing down our necks and I'm in a hurry to get everything tied down before the snow starts falling.

Rumor is, the snow starts falling on Friday.

We ordered a "Deck Box" from Home Depot last week and it was delivered to the local store this morning and I got a notification in my email so ran over there after the big status meeting at work and picked up the box containing the "Deck Box" and took it home and put it in the third bay so later on I could enjoy the task of putting it together ... after dinner and homework and all the other routine events of the day had occurred. There was an anticipation of fun and joy that was building up all afternoon as I thought about it and daydreamed about it and then thought about it some more.

(It's sad when your daydreams involve putting together deck boxes made of plastic which inevitably decay in the sun.)

But there was delay after delay after delay, and I didn't get around to finally opening up the box and laying out the parts until nearly nine o'clock tonight, and you can imagine my horror / disgust / emotional upheaval when it was discovered that

... it was broken.

No sign of damage on the box. Just one corner of an end had been (somehow) shattered. But the endcaps won't stay on with all that broken plastic. And the glue won't hold (I know this from experience). Much sadness ensued.

So, since it was purchased on-line, Cheryl contacted the Customer Service folks (or at least their website) and sent them a very nice little email, complete with pictures of the damaged part, in the hope that they would provide us a replacement.

Soon.

Because winter is on its way. And we have a lot of gardening equipment to put into storage until Spring.

And I'm thinking of perhaps getting another storage box to put under the deck to store all the other "outdoorsy" things which I won't need after the snow falls.

Because space is getting to be quite a premium in my little garage.

1 comment:

virginia said...

Nothing like a busted box that you really need. Sorry!!!