Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sicker than dogs are we

It's been two days off work this week, and the bones are still achin' from the fever what been coursin' through me body. The dismal sound of coughing fills the house. The food tastes like nothing anymore, like the gold of Cortez is still jinglin' in me pocket and the bones of me hands are showing in the moonlight.

Aye, it's been a charnal house this week. The girls started it, nigh onto two or three weeks ago, and it took the rest of us an age to sign on. But sign on we did, and there's nothin' for it but to weather it out, come hurricane or reef.

Now my darling wife is wandering the house like a ghost, clinging her robes to her side to keep in the warmth; and the youngest boy came down feverish at school, and won't be attending tomorrow.

Would that I could do the same, but there's another storm brewin' at work which must be headed off, and emails can only do so much. I've got to launch a full broadside against the slackers what be keeping me from my quest; there's been enough excusin' and apologizin' to last a lifetime, and now it's time the whips start flying.

Aye, there'll be blood spilt in the morning afore this ship is back in shape.

Meanwhile, we be off to hammock and cabin, to rest up before the onslaught. And to take some more Robotussin DM.

Arg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are less sick than dogs now. Perhaps all you need is some time off to make your body feel well again. Sorry that all of you have to be sick at once.