Saturday, January 20, 2007

Super-Powerful AntiBiotic Poised to Take Over the Planet

After days of getting no better, we had to try something else, so I took in the antibiotic prescription and got it filled.

Lord a'mercy, those are horse-pills.

The pharmacist said there was a highly resistive strain going around, which likely explains the size and number of what she gave me, but it certainly is more than I've ever seen. 850 mL per pill, two pills per dose, two doses per day, and enough pills to keep me going for nearly two weeks.

Can't tell if they taste like anything. Sense of taste was one of the first casualties of the war. As a consequence, I stopped drinking anything but hot tea. Sugary stuff didn't taste good at all, and the only sensation I can feel right now is the heat, and that makes the sore throat feel better.

Spent all day yesterday at work nursing a cup of tea, refilled over and over again. Weirdest part was that it didn't require any trips to the washroom. Whatever this disease is, it's soaking up all the moisture in my body and keeping it in my lungs, or at least that's the way it feels. Still gurgling from the back of my throat every morning when I try to breathe.

Still can't take a proper breath.

Tried to help Adam shovel snow today, and nearly had a spasm, coughing so much and getting nothing for my troubles. Spent the rest of the day dozing in and out of consciousness while sitting in my chair. Didn't have enough energy to do anything else. Tried to look over some code from work, and the sheer effort of it tired me out so that I fell asleep with the laptop in my lap.

Feeling pretty weak. Wish this disease would hurry up and dissipate.

No comments: