Sunday, September 04, 2011

Summery

One more day of summer, and then it's all over. The kids are kind of excited. They miss their friends, the classes, the new information, the schedules and activities. I'm depressed. There was so much that needed to get done this summer, and we didn't get around to any of it.

There are just too many things around here that need to get done, and it's too much to juggle. I haven't had time to do anything with the blog, as you probably noticed. Do you miss it? It's hard to tell on a blog like this that gets maybe five or six readers, if I'm lucky. Sometimes it just doesn't feel like it's worth the trouble.

There are so many other things that are screaming for attention. Family, job, house. Priorities. Some days there are simply too many things to juggle in my head, and it brings me to a grinding halt. Other days, the allergies kick in, and the meds make my head all fuzzy, and I can't even think straight enough to handle a simple conversation, let alone several house projects.

We got the garden going, but it didn't last as long as we had hoped. The peppers and watermelon never produced anything at all. Got some broccoli, cucumbers and tomatoes (besides the herbs and spices), but that's about it.

Started learning about wheels and engines, but that kind of fell by the wayside when things got busy near the middle of July.

Did some electronics stuff, but again, it got side-tracked by general busy-ness.

We were pretty good about doing the exercise every morning. Some mornings were easier than others. But we got up on time, went for walks, lifted weights, ran, rode bikes, played soccer and tennis, and kind of kept in shape. Mostly.

The kids finished their summer homework.

But there was so much more to do, and it irks me that there were so many things that didn't get done. Mostly things on my list. And I wasn't working a lot of overtime, so work isn't to blame.

Now school is almost here, and we'll be back to having activities scheduled nearly every night, and then before you know it, winter will set in, and we'll be sitting in the house surrounded by snow again.

Oh, joy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very interesting

Unknown said...

Hello everyone on here my name is Fumo Sadiku living in Malindi City Kenyan I want to tell a little more about a good hearten man called Benjamin Breil Lee working with funding service as loan officer, Mr Benjamin Breil Lee helped me get a loan of 37,115,225.00 Shillings on my trying time trying to get back on my feet to raise my business I know there are some of you here who are in financial difficulties to talk to Mr Benjamin on what's app +1-989-394-3740 Or  also with his personal E-mail on 247officedept@gmail.com I'm so glad for what he did for me and for his Bank accountant as well Accountant Hernandez Lucas Thank you very much for your work well done.