Friday, December 09, 2011

Second Snow of Winter


I don't even remember when the first one was, but it was a long time ago. Now we finally got a little more snow - and I do mean a little! In Western Michigan, we usually start getting heavy snows by now, four to six inches or so, depending on how the winds are blowing. A week or so ago, there was a really weird wind which dumped snow right down through the middle of the state (near Lansing) and completely avoided Grand Rapids and Detroit.

It's not that I'm looking forward to shoveling it, but like Charlie Brown's little sister, I just want my fair share!

So we got a little bit last night, just a reminder that winter is upon us. Looks pretty when it first comes down, all white and clean. Then the cars start driving around in it, and things get yucky.

Maybe next time, we'll get more.

No comments: