Friday, October 09, 2015

Door

We decided to tear the doorframe apart because that seemed the least destructive of all the options. And because I've torn doorframes apart (and put them back together) before, whereas I am a complete neophyte when it comes to tearing basement egress windows apart. 
Not wanting to create too much damage to the trim, I took my time, carefully prying the trim from the frame and then easing the frame from the wall. 

Worked like a charm. The opening in the wall was now exactly wide enough to allow the corner cabinet base to go through. And I do mean exactly. With about 1/4-inch to spare. 


[We did have to remove the stair rail because it was kind of in the way, but that didn't take much so it really isn't worth mentioning. So I won't.]

So with me on the stairs and Cheryl and Deb above, holding onto the cabinet, we eased it down the stairway to the basement, and then on into the room where all the other cabinet pieces were sitting.

Now the only little task left is to clean up the door frame -- remove all the nails and things -- and then re-hang it. That'll be a job for tomorrow. I think.

No comments: