Thursday, October 01, 2015

Mysterium Profunda

(Adam, feel free to correct the Latin!)

I spent hours trying to figure out what was wrong with the red Subaru. Pulled the radiator, flushed it, checked for leaks, re-installed it, then pulled the hoses and checked them for leaks.

Nothing.

So I filled it again with water and started it up, let it run for nearly twenty minutes, laying underneath it and watching very carefully for anything that might even hint of leaks.

Again, nothing.

So I took it for a test spin up to the school, varying my speed, turning the heat on and off, cycling through gears (since the transmission oil runs through the radiator, too), trying to get it to do something. Then got under the car again to check for leaks.

Nothing.

I don't like not knowing what's going on. Because that means the problem is going to reappear again intermittently, and then only at the worst time possible.

Looks like it's time to accelerate the manual shifting lessons for the girls so they can take my car (which is slightly more reliable) while I take the 'mystery' car for awhile. Until it leaks again.

Because I don't have time right now to fuss with cars. There's a basement to finish! And we just got our delivery of flooring yesterday which is currently filling up my garage! And I need my garage to park the cars when the snow starts falling!

Nothing like a little pressure to make things happen around here.

No comments: