Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Just Flat

OK, that's just ridiculous. After all the work I did on the car to get the coolant issue resolved, it turns around and ...

No, let me start over.

It was a very busy day. Work, work, work all morning, then I had to run home at lunchtime to take care of a few little house chores (blowing out the irrigation lines so they won't freeze up this winter) and do my civic duty (voting for a school millage). And I was on my way home to take care of these things ... when suddenly ... a text from Deb!

She was at school with a flat tire.

A flat tire.

Really.

Cheryl, who got the same text as me, called home to send James over to the school to pick up Deb because the tire was too flat to drive on. He went and picked her up and brought her back home. I got home just about the time they did, whereupon I grabbed a couple pumps (one manual, one electric) and dragged both of 'em back to the school so we could pump up the tire and get the car home. Which we did.

(Although since neither of the accessory power ports on the cars seemed to be working, we had to resort to the manual pump. So both kids got their workout for the day.)

Once we got home again, I used the compressor to pump up the tire and then took care of my other chores and then had to go back to work (after voting, of course!) to finish up some lab work. Stayed there til nearly 6 pm, then raced home, arriving just in time for dinner. Took a look at Deb's car out in the driveway as I was heading inside and ... it was flat again.

Harrumph.

After dinner, James and I pulled the bad tire off and put on the 50-mile spare, which will work for tomorrow.

So ... the car doesn't leak coolant any more.

Just air.

And I'm very confused.

What is the deal with these cars?? Why does it seem like they're just teasing me??

Are there gremlins in my cars?!?

No comments: