Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Tired

The countdown to winter has begun. Today is the next-to-last day of warm weather before another cooling trend. Which means I'm in a panic to get everything ready.

Flat tires don't help.

Especially unrepairable flat tires.

I'm not really sure why the guys at Firestone say this tire is unrepairable; it was only a little screw that got stuck in-between the tread. They said something about it being too close to the side -- but it wasn't stuck in the sidewall. It was on the bottom of the tire!

Nonetheless, they can't fix it. They were ready to sell me a replacement tire for $70, but I didn't go for it. I've got a friend in the used tire business who can get me one cheaper than that. I'm planning on pulling all the tires off Deb's car and putting them away for the winter, and getting her a new set of All-Seasons, so there's no reason to spend a lot of money on a new tire. These are OK for summer riding, but definitely not ready for winter primetime.

Meanwhile, Deb and Cheryl took a trip out to GVSU to check out the campus and the programs (and the cafeterias!), and Deb was quite impressed. Not quite sure whether it was the programs or the food, but the school has an excellent reputation around here, and she could save some serious dough with in-state tuition.

No comments: