Saturday, April 30, 2016

Ah, well...

It wasn't the best of days, nor the worst. But it was kind of frustrating. You ever have one of those days where you had so many things to do, you don't hardly know where to start? And no matter how much you get done, it just won't be enough?

Yeah, it was one of those days.

Our first mistake was sleeping in to the point where we were actually rested. See, we went out to a Trivia Night event at the school last night so we were a bit extra-tired. Didn't wanna get out of bed. But we had to, because there was so much to do. So, right off the bat, there's a feeling of being behind schedule.

Cheryl's first order of business was helping Adam with his city taxes, which were due today; my first order of business was cleaning up the dishwasher parts so they could get put back together into a single, functional appliance. Well, Cheryl finished her task, but I worked a couple hours on mine and still never go it done.

In fact, Cheryl took off on her second task - riding shotgun with Mary on a practice drive down to Hastings - and then got back, and I still hadn't finished the dishwasher. But I'd managed to (hand)wash the dirty dishes and get out the lawn mower and start changing the tire on the non-working Subaru and pull the brake caliper so I could use it on one of the other ones and move some of the prehung doors back down into the basement so they could be re-installed.

I have this problem with being easily distracted.

So Cheryl and Mary got home and we all had some lunch and then Cheryl started working on the bathroom flooring (again) and I started working on the drop-ceiling (again), and then we got frustrated because the tiles weren't getting cut straight so we drove out to Home Depot to find a tile cutter but they didn't have one and also I was hoping to get some plumbing parts but they closed off that aisle the whole time we were there and I was getting very angry about it so we just left in a huff without buying anything at all; then I dropped Cheryl off at home so she could try (again) cutting the tiles with the utility knife (after putting in a new blade), then drove over to Menards to see if they had a tile cutter. And an open aisle with plumbing parts.

And they did!

So I got home and gave the tile cutter to Cheryl and was all excited that we might actually get it done - and then Cheryl discovered that the tile cutter wouldn't work because it only handles tiles up to 12" and ours were 13" (due to the sticky tabs that stick out on two edges) so that was completely pointless. And I didn't get a chance to do any of the plumbing because it started to rain and I needed to put things away and then it was time to eat dinner and then it was time to wash dishes (because the dishwasher still wasn't put back together) and then it was time to work on my Sunday School lesson and my Crew lesson and then it was time to move the rest of the doors downstairs and then it was time to move cars around to get ready for tomorrow morning and then it was time for bed.

But I didn't go to bed. Because it's been a frustrating day and I'm not able to relax enough to sleep just yet.

But Cheryl, my dear Lovely Lady, persevered and finished the bathroom floor. I'll put up a picture of it soon. Maybe after I get something done so I don't feel so useless.

No comments: