Monday, July 03, 2006

Coincidence? I think not...

Mother Mary Comes to Me, Speaking Words of Wisdom, Let It BeAs part of our visit with our dear friends, the Gaubs, who are down in Indiana visiting family, we took a bit of a tour of the campus of the University of Notre Dame yesterday, a decidely Catholic school. We are not Catholic, but we were still able to enjoy the fine architecture and the well-kept grounds. And, of course, the bookstore (but that's another story).


We walked through those well-kept grounds, taking in all the marvelous grass and trees and statuary of various saints and monks and bishops and priests (but, alas, not football players); and we entered the Cathedral, spending some amount of time walking carefully through the incense-laden auditorium and observing the pews and prayer benches and reliqueries and ... statuary; then we left the Cathedral and walked around the back side to the Grotto, a low-slung, rock-covered opening in the ground in which are many, many candles, and some ... statuary.


I took pictures of some of the statuary around the Grotto, and some of the Grotto itself.


And then I was stung by a bee.
Ouch!


Coincidence? I think not.
Those are Da Vinci bees!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had onion to put on that sting. It looks wicked.
Can hardly wait to see you all.

The Meyer Family said...

I had Benedryl lotion to smear on it, which I've been carrying around since the Boy Scout campout (due to the huge number of mosquitoes in this area of the country), and that sorta worked. But the arm continued to ache for the rest of the day, and the only relief was from the ice pack that my lovely wife, Cheryl, made for me. Bless you, Sweetie! And my head ached a bit, too, so I took some migraine meds, and went to bed as soon as I could. Woke up on Tuesday feeling much better.