Friday, July 21, 2006

Mighty Mighty Bosstones

OK, I admit it. I'm a YouTube addict. Ever since I discovered that they have Animaniacs AND The Monkees clips, I can't stop watching!!!

And tonight, after checking like a monkey to see what the Top Rated videos were, I discovered the Mighty Mighty Bosstones! And they are AWESOME! Or at least they have all the stuff I like. Rock'n'Roll, Jazzy sax & trombones, rap, rampant silliness, and something else, something indescribable. It reminds me of when my college roommate's brother turned me on to REM back in '83 or '84. I was hooked!

Oddly enough, they debuted in '85, and went on (probably) permanent hiatus in '03. Looks like I found something great ... twenty years too late!

(At least with the Beatles, I discovered them in '75, only 10 or 12 years too late!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, youtube is a wonderful thing. i first discovered it while searching for old sesame street sketches and boy, did it bring back memories. you can find almost anything on that site! good times, great oldies. mmmm.