Monday, September 21, 2015

Living with Error

I don't like the job that the HVAC guys did. They didn't do the heat drops in the big room like I wanted. But I'm not sure if I want to do anything about it.

The basic work was done last week, but, as I mentioned on Thursday, we found out they hadn't finished the job (after the inspector asked us, "Um, weren't they supposed to {name of important HVAC task}?"  So I called up the company and talked to the guy who'd originally written the proposal; and, sure enough, they had missed three steps on the procedure. So they came back today to finish.

They installed the bathroom heater vent correctly, but they did a weird job on the family room. Instead of putting the vent near the outer wall (and the window) which I was expecting, they stopped short of the wall by about six feet. Which kind of defeats the purpose of ventilation, doesn't it? I thought the purpose was to drop the heat at a point furthest away from the return air vent (which is in the hallway) so we get maximum air flow. And the wall with the window, which is generally the coolest spot in the room, gets the most heat.

Am I missing something?

Oh, and one of the vent pipes curves down into the room. Which is specifically something I told them I didn't want.

I'm not sure if it's worth fussing about, though. The job is done. It's time to move on. It annoys me, but it's going to annoy Cheryl more if we don't hurry up and get the basement completed. And I don't have enough energy left to deal with it.

So now it's time to get the electrical done and then the drywall up and then the flooring in and then the ceiling up and the paint on and finally, finally, finally start utilizing all this extra space we have down here.

So I can get back to my garage.

No comments: