Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Ruby-smacked!

James was so annoyed by the snow yesterday that he decided to skip work today. Called in and said he wasn't coming. I don't blame him; he has a long way to drive, and when the roads are as bad as this, it's nothing but stress.

And the snow is still falling.

And it took me an hour to get all the cars cleaned off.

After work, I stopped by Costco for dinner -- the schedule is kind of crazy today, so there's no time to cook anything -- and then stopped by the old workplace to pick up the Christmas wreath I'd ordered from the Boy Scouts.

Ruby (the red Subaru) was sitting in the garage with two flat tires, both on the passenger side. That's weird. When I asked Deb about it, since she had driven the car to school today, she said she'd taken a sharp turn and slid into a curb. No damage to the car, but the impact was enough to pop the beads on both tires and let all the air leak out.

Luckily for her, the air lasted long enough to get home.

I'm hoping to take care of that tomorrow.  Tonight, Cheryl and I are going out grocery shopping. It should be interesting, especially with the amount of snow/slush in the parking lot.

No comments: